AIT Austrian Institute of Technology
The AIT Austrian Institute of Technology is Austria’s largest non-university research institute. With its eight Centers, AIT regards itself as a highly specialised research and development partner for industry. AIT provides research and technological development to realize basic innovations for the next generation of infrastructure related technologies in the fields of Energy, Mobility Systems, Low-Emission Transport, Health & Bioresources, Digital Safety & Security, Vision, Automation & Control and Technology Experience. These technological research areas are supplemented by the competence in the area of Innovation Systems & Policy.
Center for Digital Safety & Security
Over 200 experts at the Center for Digital Safety & Security (DSS) are developing state-of-the-art information and communication technologies to ensure that our systems are highly secure and reliable in the context of comprehensive digitization and global networking.
The Center focuses on the following key technology areas:
- Distributed IT systems and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cyber Security for IT and Industrial Control Systems
- State-of-the-art cryptographic methods (Post Quantum Encryption)
- Highly secure and highly available software and systems
- Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Blockchain Technologies
- Quantum and photonics technologies
- Highly reliable next generation wireless systems (5G)
- Latest sensor technologies and biometric systems for the protection of critical infrastructures and digital identities
- Digital solutions for modern environmental management and crisis and disaster management
With this technological competence we address different markets, such as the semiconductor industry, the automotive sector, critical infrastructures such as energy network and power plant operators, financial markets, as well as the security sector in the context of critical infrastructure protection, environmental monitoring and crisis and disaster management. Strategic technology research is carried out in close cooperation with industry, science and the public sector, from the development of prototypes to the validation of applications. Further information here.